Holly Clegg is a renowned chef and cookbook author, whose trim&TERRIFIC series has sold over a million copies. With the motto of “real food, real easy… for real people,” Holly’s recipes have appeared on TV, in magazines, and on popular websites. The so-called “Queen of Quick,” Holly built her success on creating healthy recipes that are easy to make using simple ingredients.
Based in Louisiana, Holly has become known as a healthy food expert, penning books such as Eating Well Through Cancer and Eating Well to Fight Arthritis, and working with WebMD and Omni Health Channel Media. Holly is recognized as one of the Top Chefs and one of the 2000 Influential Women in Business in Louisiana. Her mobile app Mobile Rush Hour Recipes boasts over 50,000 followers.
In 1883, Kroger began as a single grocery store in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. It has since gone on to become one of the largest supermarket brands in the United States with over 2,700 grocery stores in 35 different states, and average yearly sales in excess of $110 billion. Kroger attributes its success to following the same principles Barney Kroger held when he opened his store in 1883 – never sell something you wouldn’t want yourself.
Following in the footsteps of Barney Kroger, the Kroger company constantly innovates itself in the pursuit of finding the best products and services for their customers. Whether it be mergers with companies such as Fred Meyer Inc. and Harris Teeter, creating Kroger brand name products, or installing the first electronic food scanner in the 1970s, Kroger is dedicated to providing the best for their customers.
Pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket is a great family-friendly weeknight dinner ingredient. The chickens are expertly seasoned and cooked throughout the day, ensuring that no matter what time you get to the grocery store, you can buy a fresh and delicious chicken that’s hot and ready to eat. This recipe allows you to get all the protein and flavour of a rotisserie chicken without having to cook one from scratch, which can take a long time for a weeknight meal.
Chef Holly Clegg takes you step-by-step through the process of making a delicious one dish Mexican dinner that is easy to prepare and fun to eat. By using premade ingredients such as rotisserie chicken, Verde enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese, dinner can be read in less than 30 minutes. There isn’t even a lot of prep work – all the ingredients get tossed together and cook in one pan, which means there’s minimal clean up too. Enjoy this delicious and healthy Mexican meal tonight, and try some of Chef Holly Clegg’s other recipes in her trim&TERRIFIC cookbook series or one her social channels.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups Verde enchilada Sauce
- 11oz can corn and peppers, drained
- 14oz can fire roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup quesadilla cheese, or preferred Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 ½ cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 6-8 hard taco shells
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remove the skin from your rotisserie chicken and separate the meat from the bones. Coarsely chop into small pieces.
- Combine chicken, Verde enchilada sauce, corn and peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, quesadilla cheese, and uncooked instant white rice in a large bowl. Mix until just combined. Don’t worry if the mixture looks runny because the rice will absorb the liquid while it bakes.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13” glass pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos. Top with your favourite taco ingredients like iceberg lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or pico de gallo.